Peer Observation of Teaching (POT)
This project provides support to schools, programs and departments of the Faculty of Health Sciences in developing and launching peer observation and coaching initiatives.
A tool kit has been developed to facilitate the launch of these initiatives by both large and small grou ps of teachers. Training sessions and materials to prepare teachers for the consultations are included, with workshops focused on setting up a program and training observers.
A new certificate program for observers is being created through the Program for Faculty Development (PFD).
Peer Observation of Teaching (POT) Toolkit
Click here to download the toolkit package (zip file)
Peer Observation of Teaching (POT) Initiative by Dr. Allyn Walsh et al, McMaster University (Program for Faculty Development) 2016 is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Project Overview of POT w/ Coaching Project
2. Frequently Asked Questions about POT
3. Peer Coaching Model
4. Implementing Peer Observation of Teaching
5. Finding Opportunities to Observe Teaching
6. Program Overview Slidedeck
7. Peer Observation of Clinical Teaching Worksheet
8. Peer Observation of Lecturing Format Worksheet
9. Peer Observation of Small Group Teaching Form
10. Feedback Grid
11. Peer Observation of Teaching - Free Response Sheet
12. Peer Observer Guide